CTC Miljo 1100 HELP

Övrig diskussion i de allmänna forumen.
Stegatorparn
Pannrumsfanatiker!!!!

Re: CTC Miljo 1100 HELP

Inlägg av Stegatorparn »

I don´t think 6 mm would be the problem, it should work also.
What is your draught regulator set to? Should be 10 - 15 Pa.
Optiburn -22, Värmebaronen Combimax 2000 UB -94, Ulma doserskruv, ack Thermia SA500B, Thermomatic CBJ, 3 ton bulkförråd
Värmer 240m²(2pl) + 90 m² källare
EarendilBG
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av EarendilBG »

I have set the wheel to minimum.. should be 10 Pa.

Tomorrow or after tomorrow I will make small video of the whole setup and the starting procedure.

I think the ..matarskruv gives pellets a little irregularry.. tometimes it turns but nothing falls sometimes a little .. sometimes more. Just a while ago a start failed after I cleaned the burner - there were whole unburned pellets on the grate but they seemed very little as a start dose (the start dose is set to max). Maybe sometimes it does not give enough pellets for startup.

Anyway.. I will make video tomorrow.
seedy
Frö

Inlägg av seedy »

Hi, EarendilBG - i pozdravi ot Sofia! ;)

I am also in Bulgaria and also have a CTC1100, dating back to 1990. It's in a house we have just bought and I am interested in how your pellet experiment is going, although I suspect that we might have to use either oil or electricity with our CTC as it's in a very awkward place to carry/store pellets.

I'd like to ask you a few questions, please:

- did you find oil or electricity cheaper to use?
- where can you buy "cheap" oil? I can't/don't want to believe that you have to buy heating oil as diesel from a petrol station!
danei
Pannrumshärskare!

Inlägg av danei »

In Sweden both electricity and oil is expensive. I is about the same price. But the taxes can be a big difference. I do not know is one of them is significant cheaper than the other in Bulgaria.
seedy
Frö

Inlägg av seedy »

Yeah, they're both expensive here, especially considering how much people earn :(. So far, I'm told that you have to pay the same price as vehicle diesel for heating oil (here that's about 1.3 Euros/litre!) I can't believe there isn't a reduced tariff for heating oil but it wouldn't surprise me. That's why I'm hoping the OP can give me some more info relevant to Bulgaria and how his unit performs on the different fuels :)
EarendilBG
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av EarendilBG »

Unfortunately there are 0 intiatives by our government.. Not for heating, not even for electrical cars for example :)

Anyway,

I think electricity and oil will be roughly the same price.. however if you program the heating to be more in night tariff and less during the day, it might be less with electricity. Cheap oil might cause problems with the burner itself. I remember I had bought oil from a ship once.. quite cheap, but the burner was clogged very quickly in spite of the filters..

There is another side: the oil burner is far more powerful than the 16.5 kW of electric heater, so if the house is a bit bigger and not good insulated, then the El. power might not be enough in cold days, when you need both heating and hot water for the shower.

Now with the pellets, the pellet burner uses about 60 kg/day when it is below 5C and it hovers around 60 C, although it is set to 80C (it cannot reach the set temp). This is all because the house is not insulated, which I plan to do soon. Also with a better burner (with various power modes), it could be 20-30% more economical. Now the Viking bio turns off when (if) it reaches the desired temp, and then starts again in some time after the water temp drops with 10C.. instead of switching to lower power when ir reaches the temp and maintaining it.
Nevertheless this pellet use now transfers in about 600-650 lv/month, which is OK considering that in EL it would be more than 1000 Lv.

If you have any further questions - msg me.
EarendilBG
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av EarendilBG »

By the way, someone might give me ideas about the pellet burner settings?

I think it should reach the temps easy, but it struggles. In EL. it is only 16.7 kW and it has no problems, in pellets it should be 25 kW, but it cannot reach 65-70C in temps below 5C although it burns non-stop. The burner chamber and turbulators are cleaned .. all the same. The pellet dose is at max!

By the way, the previous problems with starting were maybe due to bad pellets, because the new shipment works fine - no starting problems at all.
seedy
Frö

Inlägg av seedy »

PM sent.
Skriv svar