Pellmax Ub w. Viking Bio 20 & solar energy

Här kan du skapa en tråd och visa upp ditt eget pannrum/energisystem!
Skriv svar
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Pellmax Ub w. Viking Bio 20 & solar energy

Inlägg av Nemo »

Hello

I live in Denmark and I just wanted to show you guys my new energy-system, since it is a Swedish product.

We completed the installation in July last year (2013). Solar heating and surplus energy from the solar cells takes care of our heating needs from mid April to mid October.

We use approx. 4 tons of pellets per year which is slightly dissapointing as we used 2000l oil on a 50 year old boiler previously. So I am considering adding more advanced heat control to the ever circulating system.

Due to space constraints our buffertank is only 300l which is too small to effectively reduce the number of starts on the Viking 20 burner. The burner is set at 17kw (with reduced feeding amount) and I am considering lowering it to 12-13kw to see if the consumption levels improves.
60 H-rør.jpg
60 H-rør.jpg (137.34 KiB) Visad 10978 gånger
Pillefyr.jpg
Pillefyr.jpg (49.01 KiB) Visad 10978 gånger
solceller.jpg
solceller.jpg (108.58 KiB) Visad 10978 gånger
Regards from Nemo
Denmark (Northern Jutland)
Värmebaronens Pellmax UB w. Viking Bio 20
300l buffertank, 60 Heat Pipes, 6kw charger, external heat exchangers (Vvfs.dk)
6.5 kw Solarcells (Energetica)
132m2 + 10m2 cellar, 1952 brick house, partly modernized
Erik_73
Energiprofet!

Re: Pellmax Ub w. Viking Bio 20 & solar energy

Inlägg av Erik_73 »

Lowering the effekt on the burner!
Pelletsbrännare Janfire Flex-a tillverkad och installerad 2002
Calmarpanna opex tillverkad 2005 och installerad 2012
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av Nemo »

please elaborate :D I need to know why I should lower the effect of the burner? According to test it drops 5% in effeciency at the lower effect.

feel free to mix swedish terms with the english
Regards from Nemo
Erik_73
Energiprofet!

Inlägg av Erik_73 »

Har inte koll på den brännare du har så jag vet inte hur låg effekt du kan köra på den, men ju lägre effekt desto bättre, vad är brännarens lägsta effekt som den kan gå bra på?.....Hur mycket behöver hushållet till värme och varmvatten?....har du murad skorsten eller rostfri?
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av Nemo »

chimney is murad and insulated - with good draft it should be well suited for the pellmax - My rökgas temperature is 110 to 140 (which means it is about time to clean the boiler - usually after 3-4 weeks) - I am considering xtra turbolators for the three bottom rökgas-pipes to further lower the temp. Also at a lower efficiency I assume the temperature would be lower.

my house needs 8kw - I can adjust the burner to 12-13kw

In reality I had very few options when I purchased my boiler and burner due to the small fyrrum - I considered Passats Bioheat but wanted st. simpler and with lower maintanence costs.

Too late I realized that I might have been able to fit the Iwabo s2 burner on this boiler (with some adjustments) that would have put the lowest efficiency at roughly 7kw.

Currently I have about 1800-2000 starts a year but considering that the boiler is turned off for six months that number really isn´t that impressive... I had hoped for about 1000-1200, but maybe that is realistic with the burner at 12kw?
Senast redigerad av Nemo den mån 03 feb, 2014 22:58, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
Regards from Nemo
Erik_73
Energiprofet!

Inlägg av Erik_73 »

Justera in brännaren på den lägsta effekt och kör ett år så får du fram vilken skillnad det ger i förbrukning, det mest optimal är att ha en brännareffekt som ligger så nära vad huset behöver, förutsatt att rökgastempen är tillräcklig för att inte ge kondensproblem i skorsten
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av Nemo »

after this season I will do that, my chimney can deal with 70-80 degrees at best, but even at 12kw the rökgas will not reach that level - so I think it will be okay.

also I´ll add extra turbolators.

Thank you for your response.

the attic w. the buffer and the inverter.
akkutank og kostal piko inverter.jpg
akkutank og kostal piko inverter.jpg (62.4 KiB) Visad 10913 gånger
and what we used to have in the boiler room
Olifyr.jpg
Olifyr.jpg (34.91 KiB) Visad 10913 gånger
Regards from Nemo
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av Nemo »

Lowering the effect had a big impact on consumption-levels - my first year totalled aprox. 3300kg - so quite a far cry from the 4 tons I feared.

From 15/4 to about 15/10 it is solarheating and electricity surplus from the solarpanels that takes care of our energy needs.

The boiler is cleaned 5 times a year - this setup is almost as easy to maintain as the "Austrian" boilers. The most popular of the swedish burners is still the Iwabo series here in Denmark but I feel that the Viking Bio burner deserves some recognition as well.
Regards from Nemo
Nemo
Gallringsobjekt

Inlägg av Nemo »

The combination between solarenergy and pelletheating really works well - here after two years of practical experience I am surprised at how easy the transition has been from an old oil-boiler to biofuels. Sure there is more work with the pellets but solarheating keeps that in check - in reality I have almost no work with the boiler from 1/3 to 1/12 (save from keeping the hopper full). In the winter time cleaning takes up a bit more effort and time - but it still is quite manageable. From 15/10 to 15/4 I used 3045kg - now it is solarenergy and electricity (solarpanel surplus) that meets our energy needs until 15/10.

I imagine that the combination of a heatpump (with solarcells) and a pelletboiler would make things even easier and still cheap in use (although not in acquisition).

With regard to solar heating I suspect that sending the solar-energy first in the centralheating system and only drawing energy for hot water when you need via an external heat exchanger increases overall yearly efficiency. This however is just a hunch - I have no solid proof of this.
Regards from Nemo
Skriv svar